Buffalo Law Firm Jobs – Legal Assistant For Litigation
Salary Range: $21.00 To $30.00 Hourly
The Legal Assistant/Paralegal works as the support staff for Attorneys handling client cases from the initial client meeting through resolution or until judicial relief is required to resolve the case. Assist attorneys with the following:
- Prepare notice of claims
- Draft pleadings, demands, responses and motions using firm templates
- Assemble exhibits
- Assemble enclosures
- Request, receive and summarize police accident reports
- Request, receive and summarize private investigation reports
- Request, receive and summarize medical records/chronologies
- Communicate with insurance representatives, attorneys, Courts, etc.
- Coordinate filing of documents with various Courts
- Coordinate service of process, subpoenas, etc.
- Prepare for trial
- Aid attorney with lien resolution upon settlement of case
- Coordinate Pre-settlement Funding at request of clients
- Communicate information to clients
- Reassign client cases as instructed
College degree or a combination of education and office experience is proffered.
At least one year of experience in a law firm or one year experience in office work or equivalent experience
Our firm offers generous Paid Time Off (PTO) to help employees maintain work/life balance.
The final offer will be based on the selected candidate’s experience and qualifications.