Buffalo Law Firm Jobs – Intake Legal Assistant
Salary Range: $19.00 To 26.00 Hourly
Join our passionate team of Legal Assistants to work either Tuesday through Saturday 8 am – 4:30 pm or Sunday through Thursday 8 am – 4:30 pm. Hybrid (in office and from home) schedule is available.
Put your communication skills to the test in this role, where you will serve as the initial point of contact with potential clients and act as their advocate throughout the intake process. You will be responsible for sharing information about the services provided by our firm, collecting relevant documentation, and ensuring all information is properly stored.
Known for our comprehensive and personalized service, this is an incredible opportunity to be part of a team that has a significant impact on people’s lives. If you are an experienced customer service professional who is organized and pays close attention to detail, we want to hear from you.
The Legal Assistant for the Intake Department handles the initial contact with new or prospective clients. The Intake Department begins the process of creating a case file and seamlessly transitions this through to the attorney and paralegal staff.
- Extend outstanding customer service to clients
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with attorneys, colleagues, and management
- Effectively utilize case management software to create the initial case file for all new and prospective clients, schedule meetings, document all work, case expenses and payments, and communicate with firm employees
- Answer all calls in a timely manner and conduct phone interviews with new and prospective clients
- Assign Attorneys and legal assistants/paralegals to each case following department procedures
- Schedule appointments for new clients coordinating calendars for multiple people
- Meet with new and prospective clients in the company office for continued fact gathering
- Generate initial documents for both client and attorney
- Coordinate out of the office appointments as necessary with couriers
- Monitor the department email for Internet requests for assistance and follow up on them in a timely manner
- Follow up on all calls to the overnight service before 10:30 AM.
- Photocopy, telefax, email, mail and scan items associated with clients’ cases
- Assist attorneys with the following:
- Draft correspondence and documents using firm templates
- Assemble enclosures
- Request police accident reports
- Request medical records
- Prepare the physical case file to be transferred to assigned attorney and legal assistant/paralegal
- Provide support for multiple attorneys and legal assistant/paralegals in a professional manner
- Attend and actively participate in trainings for continued growth and development
- Participate in special projects as assigned by management
- Participate in firm meetings as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience working in customer service
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving and excellent decision-making abilities